Accounting Apprenticeship at DJH Mitten Clarke
Have you finished college or 6th Form and are wondering what to do next? Do you fancy joining the amazing world of accounting?
If you’re still reading this, then the answer to both of those questions is probably yes. At DJH Mitten Clarke, we are group of fantastically talented and ambitious people that pride ourselves on having fun, working together as a team, delivering a great service and always looking at things a little differently. We’re looking for people to start their careers and grow with us.
What do you get out of this?
At DJH Mitten Clarke our people are our biggest asset. We’ve built a team that we’re extremely proud of. Our team work incredibly hard, so that’s why looking after them is our number one priority. Ultimately, we want to create the very best place to work. Here’s a few reasons to come and join us, but you’ll find loads more once you get your feet under the table.
- Great salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible-working hours
- Fully funded AAT training
- Health MOTs
- Community and environmental work
- Loads of social shindigs (yes, even now we’re doing them virtually)
Let’s talk about the job
Now you’ve heard about the fantastic benefits, we better tell you a bit about what you’ll be up to.
After a proper induction to the business, a personal development plan will be drawn up for you. It will outline each of the steps you’ll need to take to realise your ambition of becoming a fully-fledged accountant. Life will be fast paced; it will be engaging and you’ll learn plenty every day.
Your typical day will involve:
- Being part of a talented team, adding value to the exceptional work we deliver.
- Building long-lasting relationships with clients and wowing them on a daily basis.
- Preparing year-end financial statements for a wide range of clients.
- Becoming a tech whizz, that’s confident in supporting select clients and offering tips and advice on how to streamline accounting processes by fully utilising the tech.
- Calculating corporation tax and personal tax liabilities, whilst coming up with tax planning ideas.
- Cracking on with your personal development plan, shadowing, questioning and learning, to help you achieve your ambitions and be victorious in your AAT studies.
Let’s talk about you
We have big plans for the future and even bigger goals, so spotting top talent to help us achieve such great things is a massive aim in itself. But what about you? You’re probably looking for a leg-up to start you off in your career? You’ve probably already considered a career in accountancy? But what gets you going?
- You’ll have an excellent academic background, with 5 GCSEs at a minimum level 4 and above, with a level 6 or above in both Maths and English and 3 A levels (or equivalent) grade B or above.
- You’ll love getting to know people and cultivating long-lasting relationships.
- You’re like a sponge and totally enjoy learning.
- You’ll thrive working to achieve great things alongside the rest of the team.
- You’re motivated by a fast paced and bustling environment and a tough challenge.
- You’ll look at things differently than other people and will enjoy finding alternative solutions.
- You’ll have a can-do attitude, whether a task is complicated or simple, big or small.
- You’re excited to immerse yourself in our lively brand, culture and business.
Before you go, let’s talk a little about us
DJH Mitten Clarke are an award-winning, chartered accountancy firm with offices in Stoke-on-Trent and Manchester City Centre. With over 60 years' collective experience between the newly merged firms, we’ve always done things a little differently. We don’t just work for businesses – we work with them to achieve great things together.
As a company, we’ve grown to a multidisciplinary team of 128, who offer our clients a full service including; accounts and audit, tax and employment, business transactions, accounting in the cloud, wealth management and international advice.
Our core values run through everything that we do. They set the tone and our team live and breathe them. We’re looking for people who value the same things as us:
- Teamwork - we work better when we all work together.
- Passion - passionate people make the future brighter.
- Ambition - always push yourself. But always be yourself.
- Community - giving back today builds legacies tomorrow.
- Honesty - every great business is built on honesty.
Are you our new Accountancy Apprentice?
If you like the sound of us and you think we’ll like the sound of you, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d love to hear from you.