Have you finished college, 6th form or university and are wondering what to do next? Do you fancy joining the amazing world of accounting?
If you’re still reading this, then the answer to that question is probably yes. At DJH Mitten Clarke, we are a group of fantastically talented and ambitious people that pride ourselves on having fun, working together as a team, delivering a great service and always approaching things a little differently. We’re looking for people to start their careers and grow with us.
What do you get out of this?
Our people are our biggest asset. We’ve built a team that we’re extremely proud of. Our team work incredibly hard, so that’s why looking after them is our number one priority. Ultimately, we want to create the very best place to work. Here’s a few reasons to come and join us, but you’ll find loads more once you get your feet under the table:
- Great salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible-working hours
- Health MOTs
- Community and environmental work
- Loads of social shindigs
- A pretty impressive office
Let’s talk about the job
Now you’ve heard about the fantastic benefits, we better tell you a bit about what you’ll be up to.
After a proper induction to the business, a personal development plan will be drawn up for you. It will outline each of the steps you’ll need to take to realise your ambitions and goals as an Audit Trainee. Life will be fast paced, engaging, creative and rewarding.
Your typical day will involve:
- Being part of a talented team, adding value to the exceptional work we deliver & developing your understanding of the end-to-end audit process.
- Building long-lasting relationships with clients and wowing them daily.
- Working as part of a team to deliver meticulous and efficient audits for a wide range of clients.
- Cracking on with your personal development plan – shadowing, questioning and learning to help you achieve your ambitions and be victorious in your AAT / ACCA studies.
Let’s talk about you
We have big plans for the future and even bigger goals. But what about you? You’re hungry for a new challenge? You’re keen to work client-side for a forward-thinking brand? You may already be considering applying for this? But what gets you going?
- You’ll have an excellent academic background, with 5 GCSEs at a minimum level 5 and above, with a level 6 or above in both Maths and English and 3 A Levels (or equivalent) Grade C or above. If you’re joining us from university, you’ll have a minimum 2:1 classification in your relevant degree.
- You’ll love getting to know people and cultivating long-lasting relationships.
- You’re like a sponge and totally enjoy learning.
- You’ll be motivated to deliver extraordinary service and will embrace our “Proven Process”.
- You’ll have a proactive attitude, whether a task is complicate or simple, big or small.
- You’ll thrive working to achieve great things alongside the rest of the team.
- You’re motivated by a fast paced and bustling environment.
- You’ll look at things differently than other people and will enjoy finding alternative solutions.
- You’re excited to immerse yourself in our lively brand, culture and business.
Before you go, let’s talk a little about us
DJH Mitten Clarke is an award-winning, chartered accountancy firm with offices in Stoke-on-Trent and Manchester City Centre. With over 60 years’ collective experience between the newly merged firms, we’ve always done things a little differently. We don’t just work for businesses – we work with them to achieve great things together. As a company, we’ve grown to a multidisciplinary team of 128, who offer our clients a full service including; accounts and audit, tax and employment, business transactions, accounting in the cloud, wealth management and international advice.
Our core values run through everything that we do. They set the tone and our team live and breathe them. We’re looking for people who value the same things as us:
- Teamwork - we work better when we all work together.
- Passion – our passionate people make the future brighter.
- Ambition - always push yourself. But always be yourself.
- Community – we make a difference today for a sustainable future tomorrow.
- Honesty - every great business is built on honesty.
Are you our new Audit Trainee?
If you like the sound of us and you think we’ll like the sound of you, then we’d love to hear from you. Drop us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org