Are you a Bookkeeper looking for a new challenge at a fun and ambitious firm?
If you’re still reading this, then the answer to that question is probably yes. At DJH Mitten Clarke, we are a group of fantastically talented and ambitious people that pride ourselves on having fun, working together as a team, delivering a great service and always approaching things a little differently.
What do you get out of this?
Our people are our biggest asset. We’ve built a team that we’re extremely proud of. Our team work incredibly hard, so that’s why looking after them is our number one priority. Ultimately, we want to create the very best place to work. Here are a few reasons to come and join us, but you’ll find loads more once you get your feet under the table:
- Great salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible-working hours
- Access to Spectrum.Life, our new Mental Health & Wellbeing Support Solution
- Health MOTs
- Community and environmental work
- Loads of social shindigs
- A pretty impressive office
Let’s talk about the job
Now you’ve heard about the fantastic benefits, we better tell you a bit about what you’ll be up to.
After a proper induction to the business, a personal development plan will be drawn up for you. It will outline each of the steps you’ll need to take to realise your ambitions and goals as a Bookkeeper. Life will be fast-paced, engaging, creative and rewarding.
Your typical day will involve:
- Completing reconciliations and adjustments to produce accurate information
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns under various VAT schemes and advising clients of the liabilities
- Posting and scanning invoices
- Completing accounts to trial balance
Let’s talk about you
We have big plans for the future and even bigger goals. But what about you? You’re hungry for a new challenge? You’re keen to work client-side for a forward-thinking brand? You may already be considering applying for this? But what gets you going?
- You’ll have general knowledge of accounting systems, processes and all aspects of bookkeeping
- You’ll be tech-savvy, with knowledge of Xero (or similar) and Excel being desirable
- You’ll have a proactive attitude, whether a task is complicated or simple, big or small
- You’ll thrive working to achieve great things alongside the rest of the team
- You’re motivated by a fast-paced and bustling environment
- You’ll look at things differently than other people and will enjoy finding alternative solutions
- You’re excited to immerse yourself in our lively brand, culture and business
Before you go, let’s talk a little about us
DJH Mitten Clarke is an award-winning, chartered accountancy firm with offices in Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester City Centre, Chester and Walsall. With years’ of experience we’ve always done things a little differently, we don’t just work for businesses – we work with them to achieve great things together. As a company, we’ve grown to a multidisciplinary team of 275, who offer our clients a full service including; accounts and audit, tax and employment, business transactions, accounting in the cloud, capital allowances, commercial and residential finance, and wealth management.
Our core values run through everything that we do. They set the tone and our team live and breathe them. We’re looking for people who value the same things as us:
- Teamwork - we work better when we all work together
- Passion – our passionate people make the future brighter
- Ambition - always push yourself. But always be yourself
- Community – we make a difference today for a sustainable future tomorrow
- Honesty - every great business is built on honesty
Are you our new Bookkeeper?
If you like the sound of us and you think we’ll like the sound of you, then we’d love to hear from you. Drop us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org