Are you part way through your ACA or ACCA and are looking for your next step? Do you fancy continuing your studies with a fun, progressive accountancy firm?
If you’re still reading this, then the answer to both of those questions is probably yes. At DJH Mitten Clarke, we are a group of fantastically talented and ambitious people that pride ourselves on having fun, working together as a team, delivering a great service and always approaching things a little differently. We’re looking for someone to join our team, to deliver an exceptional service to our clients.
What do you get out of this?
Our people are our biggest asset. We’ve built a team that we’re extremely proud of. Our team work incredibly hard, so that’s why looking after them is our number one priority. Ultimately, we want to create the very best place to work. Here are a few reasons to come and join us, but you’ll find loads more once you get your feet under the table:
- Great salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible-working hours
- Fully funded ACCA/ACA training
- Health MOTs
- Community and environmental work
- Loads of social shindigs (yes, even now we’re doing them virtually)
- A pretty impressive office
Let’s talk about the job
Now you’ve heard about the fantastic benefits, we better tell you a bit about what you’ll be up to. After a proper induction to the business, a personal development plan will be drawn up for you. It will outline each of the steps you’ll need to take to realise your ambition of becoming a fully-qualified accountant. Life will be fast-paced, engaging and you’ll learn plenty every day.
Your typical day will involve:
- Being part of a talented team, adding value to the exceptional work we deliver and developing your understanding of the end-to-end audit process.
- Building long-lasting relationships with clients and wowing them daily.
- Working as part of a team to deliver meticulous and efficient audits for a wide range of clients.
- Cracking on with your personal development plan, shadowing, questioning and learning, to help you achieve your ambitions and be victorious in your ACCA/ACA studies.
- Coaching and developing apprentices and trainees.
- Supporting seniors and managers to deliver amazing advice.
Let’s talk about you
We have big plans for the future and even bigger goals, so spotting top talent to help us achieve such great things is a massive aim in itself. But what about you? You’re hungry for a new challenge? You’re keen to work for a firm that does things differently? You’re possibly already considering applying for this? But what gets you going?
- You’ll have started ACCA/ACA and be making excellent progress through your exams.
- You’ll have at least two years experience working within an audit team.
- You’ll love getting to know people and cultivating long-lasting relationships.
- You’re like a sponge and totally enjoy learning.
- You’ll thrive working to achieve great things alongside the rest of the team.
- You’re motivated by a fast-paced and bustling environment and a tough challenge.
- You’ll look at things differently than other people and will enjoy finding alternative solutions.
- You’ll have a can-do attitude, whether a task is complicated or simple, big or small.
- You’re excited to immerse yourself in our lively brand, culture and business.
Before you go, let’s talk a little about us
DJH Mitten Clarke is an award-winning, chartered accountancy firm with offices in Stoke-on-Trent and Manchester City Centre. With over 60 years' collective experience between the newly merged firms, we’ve always done things a little differently. We don’t just work for businesses – we work with them to achieve great things together. As a company, we’ve grown to a multidisciplinary team of 128, who offer our clients a full service including; accounts and audit, tax and employment, business transactions, accounting in the cloud,
wealth management and international advice.
Our core values run through everything that we do. They set the tone and our team live and breathe them. We’re looking for people who value the same things as us:
- Teamwork - we work better when we all work together.
- Passion - passionate people make the future brighter.
- Ambition - always push yourself. But always be yourself.
- Community - giving back today builds legacies tomorrow.
- Honesty - every great business is built on honesty.
Are you our new Semi-Senior Auditor?
If you like the sound of us and you think we’ll like the sound of you, then drop us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d love to hear from you.