Corporation tax

Whether you need to submit a corporation tax return to HMRC depends on the trading activities you have carried out, either primary purpose trading or non-purpose trading. The requirement to file can change each year.

As a charity, you are entitled to apply for an exemption to file a return, dependent on the above trading activities, and our tax team can help with this application together with the submission of any required corporation tax returns.

Tax services at DJH Mitten Clarke


The VAT liability for an academy trust can form a significant part of your overheads and it is therefore important to understand this complex tax. Our VAT specialists can help to ensure your trust is structured in the most efficient way and that all available reliefs are claimed.

VAT returns

Our specialist academy services

  • DJH Mitten Clarke - Due Dilligence

    Due Dilligence

  • ESFA & DfE reporting

  • DJH Mitten Clarke - Education Specialisms

    External audit and accounts preparation

  • Internal scrutiny reviews

  • Monthly management accounts for academies

    Monthly management accounts

  • Payroll

Get in touch

Book a meeting to talk with our expert team by clicking the button below.

Proud to work with: